Delightful and Decadent: Indulge in the Ultimate Gluten-Free Tea Cake Recipe
Tea cakes are some of the most beloved baked goods in the world. There is something about their light, airy texture and sweet taste that makes for the perfect snack or dessert. However, for those with gluten intolerance, finding a good tea cake recipe can be a challenge. Fortunately, this indulgent gluten-free tea cake recipe will satisfy even the most discerning tea cake enthusiasts.
The Secrets to Creating a Gluten-Free Tea Cake
The secret to creating a delicious gluten-free tea cake is to use a combination of gluten-free flours instead of wheat flour. Look for flours made from rice, corn, potato, or almonds. You can use a blend of these flours or go for a pre-mixed gluten-free flour blend.
The other secret to creating a gluten-free tea cake is to use the right leavening agents. Baking powder and baking soda are both gluten-free, but always make sure to check the label and ensure that they are not processed in a facility that also processes wheat products.
The Ultimate Gluten-Free Tea Cake Recipe
This tea cake recipe is not only gluten-free but also contains no refined sugar, making it a healthier alternative to traditional tea cakes. The ingredients are simple, and the recipe is easy to follow. Plus, the end result is a delightful and decadent cake that will have your taste buds dancing.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup almond milk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) round cake pan with coconut oil and dust with gluten-free flour.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the applesauce, melted coconut oil, and honey until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition.
- Add the almond milk and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Once the cake has cooled slightly, run a knife around the edges of the pan and invert the cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the cake with a dollop of coconut whipped cream or fresh berries, if desired.
Tips for Making the Perfect Tea Cake:
- Make sure to use gluten-free flour and baking powder/soda to ensure that the cake is safe for those with gluten intolerances.
- Room temperature eggs are best for making cakes. Let them sit out of the fridge for about 30 minutes before using them.
- Do not overmix the batter as this can affect the texture of the cake. Mix until the ingredients are just combined.
- Cool the cake in the tin for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan. This will allow the cake to set properly.
- If you want to make the cake extra decadent, you can add in some chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter.
This gluten-free tea cake recipe is not only easy to make but also incredibly delicious. With its light, fluffy texture and sweet taste, it’s the perfect treat to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee, or as a dessert after a meal. The recipe is also versatile, allowing you to add your own unique twist, so don’t be afraid to experiment and try new flavors. With this recipe, you can indulge in a delightful and decadent tea cake without any worries about gluten or refined sugar.