Spoil Dad with Delicious Treats at Afternoon Tea this Father’s Day
Father’s Day is one of the most special occasions to celebrate every year. It is a day dedicated to showing appreciation and love to the man who has been a pillar of strength and support throughout your life. There’s no better way to celebrate Father’s Day than with a nice afternoon tea. Whether you’re planning a quiet celebration or a big family get-together, afternoon tea is the perfect way to spoil your dad. In this article, we’ll discuss some delicious treats you can serve at your Father’s Day afternoon tea.
What is Afternoon Tea?
Afternoon tea is a British tradition that has been around since the 1840s. It was initially started as a way to tide people over until dinner. However, it gradually evolved into a social event that was enjoyed by the upper class. Today, afternoon tea is still a popular tradition in the UK and across the world. It typically includes a pot of tea, sandwiches, cakes, and scones.
The Menu for Father’s Day Afternoon Tea
When it comes to afternoon tea, the menu is crucial. You want to make sure that you have a mix of sweet and savory treats that will satisfy your dad’s taste buds. Here are some delicious treats you can serve at your Father’s Day afternoon tea.
Sandwiches are a staple of afternoon tea. They are easy to make and can be customized to suit your dad’s taste. For Father’s Day afternoon tea, consider making some hearty sandwiches that are filling and flavorful. Here are some sandwich ideas you can try:
- Roast beef and horseradish: This classic sandwich is sure to be a hit with your dad. Thinly sliced roast beef with a dollop of creamy horseradish and a sprinkle of salt and pepper – it’s a simple yet delicious sandwich.
- Turkey and cranberry sauce: If your dad is a fan of turkey, then this sandwich will be perfect for him. Layer some roasted turkey on whole wheat bread with some tangy cranberry sauce for a burst of flavor.
- Brie and apple: This vegetarian sandwich is a delightful combination of creamy brie and crunchy apples. Serve it on a baguette for a fancy touch.
Scones are a quintessential part of afternoon tea. They are easy to make and can be served with jam and clotted cream for a classic touch. There are many variations of scones you can try, but here are two of our favorites:
- Classic scones: These scones are buttery, flaky, and fresh out of the oven. Serve them warm with some strawberry jam and whipped cream for a perfect afternoon tea treat.
- Lemon and blueberry scones: If your dad loves citrusy flavors, then he’ll love these lemon and blueberry scones. They’re sweet, tangy, and bursting with juicy blueberries.
Cakes are the showstoppers of afternoon tea. They are usually sweet, indulgent, and perfect for special occasions like Father’s Day. Here are some cake ideas you can try:
- Chocolate cake: This classic cake is a crowd pleaser. It’s rich, moist, and chocolatey – everything your dad will love.
- Carrot cake: If your dad loves carrot cake, then this recipe is for him. It’s filled with nuts, spices, and cream cheese frosting – a perfect treat for any occasion.
- Lemon drizzle cake: This tangy cake is perfect for summer. It’s moist, zesty, and will leave your dad wanting more.
Father’s Day is a special occasion that should be celebrated with love and appreciation. Afternoon tea is the perfect way to show your dad how much you care. With a mix of savory sandwiches, fluffy scones, and indulgent cakes, your dad is sure to have a wonderful time. Don’t forget the pot of tea, and you’re all set for a fantastic Father’s Day afternoon tea.