Spoiling Dad with a Father’s Day Afternoon Tea: Indulgent Treats and Heartfelt Celebrations
As Father’s Day approaches, it’s time to show the dads in our lives just how much they mean to us. What better way to do that than with a relaxing afternoon tea? With an array of indulgent treats and heartfelt celebrations, you’ll be sure to make dad’s special day one to remember.
The Perfect Afternoon Spread
No afternoon tea is complete without the perfect spread of treats, and this Father’s Day should be no exception. When crafting your menu, be sure to incorporate dad’s favorite sweet and savory indulgences. Here are a few ideas to get started:
- Fruit Tartlets – Light and fruity, these tartlets are the perfect summer treat for Father’s Day.
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries – Nothing says “I love you” like a deliciously decadent chocolate covered strawberry.
- Cinnamon Scones – These flaky, buttery scones will melt in your mouth and pair perfectly with a cup of tea.
- Ham and Cheese Croissant – A classic savory indulgence for any afternoon tea.
- Cucumber and Cream Cheese Sandwiches – Simple, fresh, and oh-so-satisfying, these sandwiches are a must-have for any tea spread.
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus – For a heartier option, consider adding some bacon-wrapped asparagus to the mix.
Champagne and Tea Pairings
For an adult twist on Father’s Day afternoon tea, consider pairing your treats with some bubbly champagne or hot tea. Not only will these drink options add an air of sophistication to the celebration, they will also enhance the flavors of your treats. Here are a few pairing suggestions:
- Fruit Tartlets + Brut Champagne – The crisp, dry flavor of Brut pairs perfectly with light and fruity desserts like tartlets.
- Cinnamon Scones + Rosé Champagne – Rosé is the perfect compliment for sweeter desserts, making it the ideal pairing for cinnamon scones.
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries + Demi-Sec – With just a hint of sweetness, Demi-Sec is the perfect partner for decadent chocolate covered treats.
- Ham and Cheese Croissant + Earl Grey – The bold flavor of Earl Grey pairs perfectly with the richness of ham and cheese croissants.
- Cucumber and Cream Cheese Sandwiches + Green Tea – The light, refreshing taste of green tea perfectly compliments the fresh, crisp flavor of cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches.
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus + Chai Tea – The bold spices of Chai tea perfectly offset the smokiness of bacon-wrapped asparagus.
Creating a Festive Atmosphere
No Father’s Day celebration is complete without an inviting atmosphere to go along with your tasty treats. Here are a few ways to create a festive mood for your Father’s Day afternoon tea:
- Themed Tablecloth – Opt for a tablecloth or placemats in dad’s favorite color or sports team to add a personal touch.
- Balloons – Balloons are an affordable way to add pops of color and fun to your celebration.
- Flowers – A simple bouquet of dad’s favorite flowers is a beautiful way to bring the outdoors in and add some classy decor to your celebration.
Activities and Games
- Trivia – Come up with a list of dad-themed trivia questions to test your guests’ knowledge and spark some friendly competition.
- Gift Opening – Allow dad to open his gifts in a relaxing, comfortable environment while you all watch.
- Board Games – Set up some easy-to-play board games for guests to enjoy after the tea is over, for some quality family time bonding afterward.
Sharing Words of Appreciation
Finally, an afternoon tea is the perfect opportunity to share heartfelt words of appreciation with your father. In addition to treating him to delicious treats and a festive atmosphere, make sure to take time to truly express what he means to you. Consider creating a DIY card or letter to present to dad at the end of the tea. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
A DIY card is a personal and meaningful touch that can easily be made at home. Here’s how to create one:
1. Gather materials: Blank cardstock, markers, stickers, and any other fun decor your dad would enjoy.
2. Write your message: Jot down a heartfelt message telling your dad what you admire about him, the impact his love has had on your life.
3. Add final touches: Decorate the card with markers, stickers, and anything else you think your dad would enjoy.
If you prefer to share a longer message, a heartfelt letter is a perfect way to do so. Here are some tips for crafting a meaningful letter:
1. Start with a greeting: Begin your letter with an affectionate greeting, such as “Dear Dad”.
2. Share your thoughts: Write your father a heartfelt message, expressing what he means to you and how much you appreciate him. You can also share some of your favourite memories with him.
3. Write a closing: Wrap up your letter by expressing your love again and signing off with a personal touch.
This Father’s Day, show the dads in your life just how much they mean to you by spoiling them with an indulgent afternoon tea. From delicious treats and champagne pairings to festive decorations and meaningful words of appreciation, you’ll be sure to create an unforgettable experience that dad will cherish for years to come.